Forest Range Merinos Auction Sale
MERINO RAMS SELECTED ON OBJECTIVE MEASUREMENT
FOREST RANGE WOOLSHED
JANUARY 8, 2020
Ram Sale Information
We offer the opportunity to purchase 93 Superior Merino Sires ranging from 11.8 to 15.2 micron. These sires represent over 30 years of selective breeding using BLUP (Best Linier Unbiased Prediction) analysis overseen by geneticists Dorian Garrick and Ric Sherlock, previously from Massey University and now in private ractice.
They are advertised with:
- EBVs for Micron and Clean Fleece Weight
- 3 Fleece Test results showing Micron and Yield and CV% of FD as measured by SGS.
- 2 Fleece Weights from hogget and 2th shearing
- Footrot genomic breeding values
- Parentage information dating back to 1980
- Veterinary Accredited Brucellosis free flock
- Johnes vaccinated
- Veterinarian tested
- Shearwell Electronic Eartags plus number branded on horns
- Forest Range’s unique back up service
The rams have been raised in natural high country conditions with no artificial feeding and are of robust constitution. 30 + years of subjective selection ensures their structural soundness.
Rams are sold by Helmsman (silent auction) commencing at 1pm. Inspection is invited from 10 am. Refreshments available.
Your enquiries are invited for a catalogue or for further information.